Featured image
Virginia Quek Lalita & Partners

Language(s) Spoken

English, Mandarin, Bahasa Melayu, Tamil, Hainanese, Cantonese

Established Since


Company Profile

The Team

Ms Seenivasan Lalita
Has been in practice since 1987 and has vast experience in Family matters.

Ms Virginia Quek
Has been in practice since 1995 and also has vast experience in handling Family issues & matters.

Areas of Specialty

  • Uncontested Divorce
  • Contested Divorce
  • Leave to file for divorce
  • Deed of separation
  • Pre-nuptial agreements
  • Cross- border custody dispute
  • Custody issues between couple
  • Pre& Post divorce custody issues
  • Guardianship of infants application by parents & grandparents
  • Guardianship of illegitimate child.
  • Judicial separation
  • Adoption
  • Mediation
  • Ancillary Matters ( including children custody, Assets Division & Maintenance)
  • Nullity of Marriage
  • Variation of Orders of Court
  • Division of property between married couples where there is no divorce proceedings
  • Personal Protection Orders
  • Maintenance Orders
  • Unmarried Parents rights
  • Family and Domestic Violence
  • Syariah Court matters
  • Foreign divorce order Custody disputes including countries such as France, USA, Australia India and Malaysia.

Grounds for Divorce

Parties are able to obtain divorce on the grounds of unreasonable behaviour, adultery, separation (3 years or 4 years immediately preceding the date of filing of the writ) and desertion.

Who can apply?

Parties have to be married for at least 3 years unless permission from court is granted, before divorce proceedings may be commenced and one party must be domiciled in Singapore or habitually resident in Singapore for a period of 3 years preceding commencement of proceedings.

Foreign Divorce Orders, Custody disputes

We have dealt with matters that deal with financial relief in Singapore after an overseas divorce.

HK d/o KS v SS a/l AS [2015] SGHCF 5

Novel case that dealt with the new s121B of the Women’s Charter – Application for financial relief after overseas divorce.

Your Spouse abducts your children to a foreign country

Singapore is a member of the Hague Convention for International Abduction. Thus, if the country to which the children were abducted is also a member, then the children will be stopped by the airport authorities and be sent back to the home country. However, if the country is not a member, you must file an urgent application for an order to produce the children under the Guardianship of infants Act.


  • Ms Seenivasan Lalita Partner
  • Ms Virginia Quek Partner


  • Annulment
  • Separation
  • Uncontested Divorce
  • Contested Divorce
  • Muslim Divorce
  • Cross Jurisdiction Divorce
  • Division of Matrimonial Assets
  • Maintenance for Spouse and Child
  • Child Custody, Care & Control/Access
  • Domestic Violence & Personal Protection Order
  • Wills
  • Power of Attorney/Lasting Power of Attorney
  • Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements


  • Contact to enquire



Mobile Number*